Steamed Egg Frittata with Red Peppers & Asparagus
We love healthy breakfast recipes (check out some of our other recent posts). When you’re looking for a morning meal that’s as high in flavor as it is in good, balanced nutrition, it’s difficult to find a better option than this steamed egg frittata recipe.
The peppers and asparagus give the dish a surprising pop of flavor, as well as a wide variety of nutritious benefits. Try it as a fun Sunday morning breakfast for the whole family, or even as a quick breakfast before rushing out the door during the week. It’s easy and quick to prep.
Philipiak Milano Cookware you’ll need:
Large Pot and Lid
8 Eggs (or egg whites, if preferred)
¼ cup milk
8 stalks of asparagus, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
8-10 leaves fresh basil
8 slices whole grain bread
1. Place 1 cup of water in Large Pot. Heat over Medium-Low Heat.
2. Place Steamer/Colander Insert over Large Pot.
3. Spray Small Bowl lightly with cooking spray.
4. Add eggs, milk and a small amount of salt and pepper to Small Bowl, and whisk until fairly smooth.
5. Add chopped asparagus and red pepper to egg mixture.
6. Place Small Bowl with egg mixture inside Steamer/Colander Insert and cover with Large Lid.
7. Steam for 15 minutes or until set.
8. Serve with whole grain toast.