Steamed Bananas with Dark Chocolate
Chocolate and banana is a classic combination, and this dessert is ready in no time. Be ready to eat this decadent, guilt free dessert with a spoon!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Difficulty level: Easy
Philipiak Milano Cookware you’ll need:
5.2 L Large Pot and Lid
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (recommended: Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips)
- Add 1/2 cup water to Large Pot and heat over medium heat.
- Add bananas (in their peels) to Steamer Insert, place Insert into Large Pot, and cover with Large Lid.
- Let bananas steam for 5-7 minutes, or until peels turn black.
- Place bananas on serving plate and slit lengthwise, but not all the way through.
- Place chocolate chips in slit in bananas. Cover bananas with still-warm lid and let sit for 1-2 minutes.
- To serve, pull open peels and slice bananas and melted chocolate into 4 pieces each. Serve with a spoon.