Southwest Chicken and Rice Skillet
This one-pan meal comes together quickly and tastes great. Instant rice gives you the benefits of brown rice in a fraction of the time of regular brown rice. Enjoy the flavors of the Southwest tonight in this quick and healthy dish.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Difficulty level: Easy
Philipiak Milano Cookware you’ll need:
Classic Frying Pan with Spherical Lid
2 L Small Bowl
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
2 Tbsp salt-free southwest seasoning blend
1 cup frozen corn
1 green pepper, chopped
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Preheat Classic Frying Pan on medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- In Small Bowl, toss chicken cubes with southwest seasoning blend. Set aside.
- Add corn and green pepper to Classic Fry Pan and spread evenly along the bottom of the pan. Allow corn and green pepper to start carmelizing. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add black beans to Classic Frying Pan and saute for 3-5 minutes or until warm. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add seasoned chicken to the Classic Frying Pan. Allow to sear on one side, and them flip. Allow to cook for 3-5 more minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken from Classic Frying Pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tsp olive oil to Classic Frying Pan. Coat bottom of the skillet, and then add rice. Stir to coat rice in oil.
- Add chicken broth and salsa to rice in pan and bring to a simmer. Cover with Spherical Lid and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove lid and add corn, green pepper, beans and chicken to pan on top of rice. If desired, add grated cheese (freshly grate cheddar cheese into 3.5 L Large Bowl using Reduction Ring and Grater). Cover and let simmer another 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Place Large Pan Lid upside down on table. Place Classic Frying Pan on top of Large Pot Lid and serve directly from the Pan.