Grilled Ham, Tomato & Cheese Sandwiches with Cucumber and Tomato Salad
Take your grilled cheese sandwich to the next level with simple, fresh ingredients prepared well. The cucumber and tomato salad makes a deliciuos and refreshing accompaniment to the sandwich.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Difficulty level: Easy
– 1 cucumber, sliced
– 1/2 small red onion, sliced in very thin half circles
– 2 tomatoes, 1 sliced in wedges and 1 sliced in thin round slices
– 8 – 10 fresh basil leaves
– 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
– 1 tsp grapeseed or canola oil
– Salt % pepper to taste
– 8 slices whole grain bread
– 4 slices nitrite-free ham
– 4 slices cheese (America, Provolone, Mozzarella or variety of choice)
In Small Bowl, place cucumber slices, red onion slices, tomato wedges and fresh basil leaves. To begetables, add rice vinegar, grapeseed or canola oil, salt and pepper. Stir to combine, and set aside.
Heat Classic Frying Pan over medium heat.
On each of 4 slices of bread, place one slice of ham, one slice of cheese and tomato slices. Top with remaning slices of bread.
Toast sandwiches, 2 at a time, on Classic Frying Pan for 2 minutes on each side, or until toasted.
Repeat with remaining 2 sandwiches.
Serve sandwiches with cucumber and tomato salad on the side.