Blueberry and Banana Chia Quinoa (Breakfast Recipe)
Hurried mornings and busy days deserve an easy breakfast that delivers as much of a nutritional punch as possible. This breakfast recipe is a tasty mix of superfoods and protein-packed grains that can serve as a great pick-me-up to get your morning started. The sweetness and fruity flavors from the bananas and blueberries will make this a favorite for you and your kids. It’s also a great way to put our unique tower system into action.
Watch the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsBRMLixsmg
Here’s the Philipiak Milano cookware featured in the video:
Small Pot and Lid
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
2 cups water
1 cup quinoa
¼ cup chia seeds
1 cup blueberries
1 banana, sliced thinly
¼ cup water
2 Tbsp honey
Milk, for serving
1. Rinse quinoa well in a strainer to remove the saponin, a “soapy” tasting substance that naturally coats the grain.
2. Place quinoa, 2 cups water and chia seeds in the Medium Pot over medium heat.
3. Bring to a boil, then cover with the Small Bowl and remove from heat.
4. In the Small Pot, combine blueberries, banana, ¼ cup water and honey.
5. Bring blueberry banana mixture to a boil over medium heat.
6. Once mixture boils, cover with Small Lid, remove from heat, and place on top of Medium Pot, creating a small tower.
7. Let mixture cook within the tower (without turning on the burner) for 15 minutes.
8. After 15 minutes, remove the Small Pot from the tower and set aside.
9. Using the Suction Knob, remove the Small Bowl from the Medium Pot and ensure that the quinoa chia mixture has fully absorbed all the water.
10. Remove the Lid from the Small Pot, stir the blueberry banana mixture, and then add it to the quinoa chia mixture in the Medium Pot.
11. Stir the blueberry quinoa mixture until combined.
12. Serve in bowls with milk of choice.