Black Beans and Rice with Orange Slices Recipe
Here’s a hearty meal that works great for lunch or dinner. Using the tower system from Philipiak Milano, you can actually prep this meal over minimal heat, while locking in all the healthy proteins from the beans and the great flavors from the peppers and oregano.
Philipiak Milano Cookware you’ll need:
Small Pot and Lid
1 ¾ cups water
2 cups Minute brown rice
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 cans black beans, undrained
1 Tbsp dried oregano
1. Add 1 ¾ cups water in Medium Pot and bring to a boil. Once water boils, add minute rice and cover with Small Bowl. Turn off heat.
2. Place Small Pot on medium heat.
3. Add chopped onions and peppers to Small Pot, and cook over medium heat until softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
4. Add black beans and oregano to Small Pot, and stir to combine.
5. Once beans boil, cover with Small Lid, remove from heat, and place on top of Medium Pot, creating a small tower.
6. Let mixture cook within the tower (without turning on the burner) for 10 minutes.
7. After 10 minutes, remove the Small Pot from the tower and set aside.
8. Using the Suction Knob, remove the Small Bowl from the Medium Pot and ensure that the rice has fully absorbed all the water.
9. Serve beans over rice, with orange slices on the side.