Black Beans and Rice
Here’s a quick and easy healthy lunch for a busy day.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Difficulty level: Easy
Philipiak Milano Cookware you’ll need:
2 L Small Bowl
2.7 L Medium Pot
1.5 L Small Pot and Lid
1 3/4 cups water
2 cups instant brown rice
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 cans black beans, undrained
1 Tbsp dried oregano
- Add 1 3/4 cups water to Medium Pot and bring to a boil.
- Once water boils, add rice and cover and cover with Small Bowl. Turn off heat.
- Heat Small Pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions and peppers to Small Pot, and cook over medium heat until softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add black beans and oregano to Small Pot, and stir to combine.
- Once beans boil, cover with Small Lid, remove from heat, and place on top of Medium Pot, creating a small tower.
- Let mixture cook within the tower (without turning on the burner) for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the Small Pot from the tower and set aside.
- Using the Suction Knob, remove the Small Bowl from the Medium Pot and ensure that the rice has fully absorbed the water.
- Serve beans over rice, with orange wedges on the side.