Asparagus Creme Soup – A Quick to Prepare, Tasty and Healthy Soup
Low in calories and packed with nutrients, Asparagus Creme Soup is a nourishing treat.
This recipe will leave you feeling full and satisfied. And, the asparagus will support your body and improve digestion.
What Makes Asparagus Healthy?
- Several Key Vitamins; Vitamin A, C, E, and Beta – Carotene to name a few.
- Antioxidants that prevent Cancer.
- Folic Acid; which is especially essential for pregnant women.
- Improves Kidney Function
- Packed with Calcium, Potassium and Phosphorus – Elements that improve skin, hair, bones and teeth.
Your family will love this tasty soup and their bodies will love the benefits. It tastes great with a side of toasted bread and added pumpkin seeds. I particulary encjoy including a hardboiled egg.
- 1 lb of asparagus, any type is good
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 liter of chicken broth
Wash the asparagus and cut off the hard bottoms. Slice them into 2-3 cm pieces. Using the Philipiak Milano medium pot, melt 1 Tbsp of butter. Add chopped onion and chopped garlic and saute to a golden color.
Add asparagus, turmeric, ginger powder and nutmeg. Saute another 3 minutes. Then, add some hot chicken broth (enough just to cover the asparagus). Simmer about 20 minutes. Blend with an Emulsion Blender or Pour into a blender to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.
You can serve wth fresh herbs – I recommend thyme.